Respironics CoughAssist T70 helps with the removal of bronchial secretions. The Cough-Assist T70 is safe, simple and effective Mechanical Insufflation-Exsufflation Device. The Cough Assist Mechanical Insufflator-Exsufflator, or Cofflator, safely and effectively clears retained bronco-pulmonary secretions, reducing the risk of Respiratory complications. It comes standard with an adjustable internal inhale-flow restrictor, a simpler breathing circuit, and an optional mobile stand. The ability to cough is essential to a healthy airway. The airway linings produce mucus which trap dirt and bacteria.
This mixture of mucus, dirt and bacteria can be harmful if allowed to accumulate. Coughing is the body’s way of clearing mucus form the lungs and airways. Many respiratory diseases cripple the body’s ability to cough by weakening the muscles in the rib cage, neck and abdomen. This weakened condition hampers the ability of your body to remove secretions, increasing the chance of respiratory infections. If coughing becomes to difficult for patients, doctors often prescribe the use of Mechanical Coughing Therapy.
The Respironics Cough Assist T70 is a mechanical insufflation-exsufflation device that simulates natural coughing by gradually delivering a large volume of air to your lungs. The process of breathing in constitutes positive pressure, followed by a negative pressure of quickly breathing out or coughing helps remove the mucus secretions trapped in your airways.
The Respironics CoughAssist T70 enhances your cough to produce a more effective clearing of your airways. The addition of the CoughAssist feature, called the Cough-Trak, allows you to synchronize treatment with your own breathing patterns. .
– Removes secretions from the lungs.
– Reduces the occurrence of respiratory infections.
– Safe, noninvasive alternative to suctioning.
– Easy for patients and caregivers to operate.
– Safe use with tracheostomy tubes for patients with ALS.
– Expels 29% more mucus than deep suctioning.
– Improves SpO2 in ALS patients receiving mechanical ventilation via Tracheostomy tube.
– Clears airways for longer periods of time than tracheal suctioning and with fewer complications.
– Less irritating, less painful, less tiring, and less uncomfortable than tracheal suctioning.
– Minimizes the risk of pneumonia and infections.